Old Bricks

Port Building

Put down the tools

No work today

Time has moved on

The skills have faded away

Years go by

Old men remember like it was yesterday

Soon they disappear

Memories and story’s taken away

If only the old bricks

Could stay

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Old Bricks

1. LOVELY poem! Here in Horst , NL all the homes are made of brick with new being constructed to assimilate the old all the time. I love brick and this neat and tidy little village. Soon to do an architectural post .

2. Dalo 2013 says:

Well said, and a great photo…the two blend together so well.

3. ggh says:

Wow, I really like that photo and verse…George H.

4. kiwiskan says:

lovely warm photo and words. I can just see the old men sitting there chatting in the evening sun…

5. Love the image Mike, the words go well

6. Rajiv says:

Faaaantaaastic!

7. Lisa says:

What a beautiful old building! Love the poem too! Hugz Lisa and Bear

Thanks Lisa and the Bear, Its great to see these old buildings still here. Take care

🙂 Mike

8. A perfect pairing once again. The photo reminds of me of the Sesame Street front stoop that I have watched for years with my kiddos. Loved this post!! 😀 Hope you are doing well!!

9. Robert says:

If these walls could talk, I wonder what tales they could tell

I bet they would have some great stories to tell !
      Thanks for your comment Robert much appreciated
      🙂 Mike

10. thom bradley says:

Vivid and interesting photo, makes you want to know what went on inside!