Yesterday at St Michaels’s Mount
St Michael’s Mount (Cornish: Karrek Loos yn Koos, meaning “grey rock in the woods”, also known colloquially by locals as simply the Mount) is a tidal island 366 metres (400 yards) off the Mount’s Bay coast of Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is a civil parish and is united with the town of Marazion by a man-made causeway of granite setts, passable between mid-tide and low water.
We stayed just near this Village and who could resist taking the Red Phone Box. the stocks and the church makes it more interesting.
Witheridge is a village and civil parish in the North Devon district of Devon, England. In 2001 the population of the parish was 1162. Its name is derived from the Old English for “Weather Ridge”, probably as a result of its exposed location on the top of a hill, which means it and surrounding hamlets such as Nomansland generally suffer from poor weather for much of the year.
Situated almost equidistant from Dartmoor and Exmoor, the village has earned the nickname the Gateway to the Two Moors Way. Butcher FJP Maunder established his business in the village in 1879, which taken over by his son became local butchers chain Lloyd Maunder.
The village is twinned with Cambremer, France, and the two villages have annual exchange trips (although not solely for students).
A Few more Long exposure shots from the wedding I attended here in England
it was just a perfect setting
St Audries Park Manor house at West Quantoxhead in the Quantock Hills of Somerset, England the manor house of the Aclands was rebuilt on the site of an earlier house, between 1835 and 1870 and has had a number of owners since Sir Alexander sold the building.
The property was divided in 1934, when the house was sold and turned into St Audries School, which remained in occupation until 1990, when the house was sold to the Amitabha Buddhist Centre.
It was sold again in 2001, and is now owned and operated by Country House Wedding Ltd, specialising in weddings within country house settings.
The Manor House itself consists of the Great Hall with a soaring vaulted ceiling, an oak panelled library and classically proportioned elegant dining and drawing rooms.
Sacred words spoken
Two become one
A beacon of light
Shining in the darkest times
Lighting the way
The parish church of St. Etheldreda (also known as St. Audries) is situated on the outskirts of the village, close to the village hall and the wedding centre (formerly the Manor House), which provides the church with a fair number of weddings and blessings.
A brief moment
From Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia
Glenelg is a popular beach-side suburb of the South Australian capital of Adelaide. Located on the shore of Holdfast Bay in Gulf St Vincent,
Established in 1836, it is the oldest European settlement on mainland South Australia