Antiquarian

Antiquarian

Past and present collide

Adelaide City Street Scene

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Antiquarian

1. I love this shot. The light from the ipad (or whatever brand it is) makes it look like he’s reading from some magical book. Excellent!

2. I sort of get a message here. It’s like the Ipad is glowing and teasing the all the books or rather the entire book collection itself. “He’s saying I contain more books than this Library”. And the guy he too prefers the Ipad,, hooked on to it actually. It’s great. Nice

Yes thank you, I thought it was ironic that a man is selling used books whilst sitting reading an iPad, I think it shows how the world is changing.
      Thank your for your wonderful Comment I appreciate it
      Have a great weekend 🙂

3. Superb Michael. A really interesting shot that made look into it more. It tells a story 🙂

4. I have tried for about two years now to get used to my Nook! But there is still nothing like an actual book in your hands.

5. nexi says:

Reblogged this on Time Nexus and commented:
    Love this shot….

6. mk says:

The moment I saw this image I liked it. I am an absolute sucker for books, And antiques. This photo reminded me immediately of the Shakespeare & Co bookshop in Paris.

Thanks MK
      this a very small book shop in the corner of our local markets here in Adelaide very quaint
      Thanks for your great comment

7. Fantastic shot…soooo good in b/w too

8. Lovely and photo!

9. robert87004 says:

I suspect (or perhaps hope) that it’s like trying to find a used copy of Don Quixote. I looked for something like two years before I found it but is readily available to download on Gutenberg.org. Either one can enhance the other. 🙂

10. Skye says: