Your Move

Chess

My first attempt at a bit of Street Photography

Its a little nerve racking when you are pointing a camera at someone.

Just waiting for that shout ( Hey what are you doing) but no one seemed to notice !!

so I think I will try it again.

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Your Move

1. digitalgranny says:

This is a great shot.

2. Dalo 2013 says:

Great shot, and very good that you are going out street shooting…look forward to seeing more.

3. rabirius says:

Great shot.
    First attempt? Hard to believe!

4. I can imagine that would be unnerving, but you really did a great job. Looking forward to the next one!!

5. agnesashe says:

I think it’s brave as you never know what the reaction’s going to be. It’s a great shot as you’ve certainly captured ‘intense concentration’. I look forward to seeing more of your street photography.

Thank you so much I will have try venture out again soon and see how I go, It is a bit scary though !!

6. Very well done, you’ve captured the frustration or concentration of the player. Definitely, go for more.

7. Joe says:

Great capture Mike 😀

8. Great shot! Good to get out of your comfort zone; amazing things can happen… (And if they do give you a dirty look, just smile and walk away! 😉 )

Thanks for your advise,I guess you have to get out there to get the shot. I will definitely give it another go

9. RobynG says:

Excellent Street Shot!

10. Tina Dunks says:

I agree with all thoughts above…..I have never done it and it makes me nervous just thinking about it. Can I ask, how far away from them were you? I too, look forward to more.

amazingly very close, and it was like no one even looked at me or even noticed I was there. so that was encouraging

11. mk says:

Me too, me too, me too! My dearest ambition is to do street photography. But I am a shy person, hence my many pictures of bugs! Years ago I fell in love with Henri Cartier-Bresson’s photo of the boy carrying a bottle of wine, and lately I have fallen in love with Vivian Maier’s work. And then there’s Humans of New York. One day…

Thank mk I check out Henri Cartier-Bresson and Vivian Maier I have seen humans of new york and that is fantastic. Thanks for your great comment

12. I’m scared stiff of photographing strangers. Well done.

13. David Llada says:

When people are focused in what they are doing, they won’t notice – or maybe they do but their brain will just ignore the distraction.

And chess can be very absorbent! I invite you to visit my page dedicated to photos of chess players (which happens to be my speciality).