Willunga B&W

Wilunga Beach B&W Silhoutte

Port Willunga site of the Wreck Star of Greece

I wanted to try something a little different with this Photo, its a long exposure and I wanted to get this silhouette look.

I think it works quite well in B & W

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Willunga B&W

1. Tina Dunks says:

Um, yes, it ‘works’ as a B&W……you make me want to hop in the car and head down there!

2. Yes, I think it does work well in B&W. I also like the cropping with the panoramic style.

Thank Allen, you are right the crop was a must for the sake of Composition. Thanks for your great comment

3. John M says:

Sort of a Stonehenge feel.

4. Elaine says:

I love it in black and white! Black and white photos when done well like this one are so dramatic and I love them. South Australia must be a beautiful place!

Hi Elaine thank you, South Australia does have some Beautiful Places as well as some very nice Wine. Hope you get to visit one day

• Elaine says:

It would be quite the trip from where I am but you never know. Actually it is more likely that my son will someday get there since he is working on a goal of reaching 6 of the 7 continents. 🙂

5. mk says:

This is stunning. I could look at it for hours. To me this looks like Time vs Eternity.

6. gtonthenet says:

Works very well – looks almost like a henge.

7. It is a totally different approach and I love the mood Mike!

8. Kath says:

Love it Mike, you are very clever!

9. enmanscamera says:

Good image. And I like the mood your created with the B&W.

10. Pingback: Week 2 – Black and White Challenge | Leanne Cole PHOTOGRAPHY

11. Nice shot and I agree it does work quite well in B&W.

12. AmyRose says:

Wow! What a shot!!! I’m pushing the follow button! Thank you! xxoo, Amy

Thank you Amy that is so very nice of you I appreciate it

• AmyRose says:

You are very welcome. Your photography is serious….outstanding!

• AmyRose says:

Mike, thank you for the follow! I just saw!!! I really look forward to seeing more of your work!! Right now most of my work is flowers, but come Spring, ANYTHING Nature. I’ll be like a wild woman. GRIN! Though, I do admit, my strong point is flowers. I just LOVE them.
        xxoo, Amy

Its great to have a passion I think thats what brings out the best in us, and one thing leads to another. I will certainly follow with interest.

Thanks again Amy

• AmyRose says:

I am consumed by mine. I have more ideas on what next to photograph with my macro. Tomorrow I’ll be crawling in my neighbor’s gardens. LOL xxoo, Amy

13. Ajaytao2010 says:

so lovely picture dear Mike

14. Nia Simone says:

I’ll say it works! It’s stunning.

15. Kevin Hill says:

Great image Mike! I like that you’ve kept some structure in the clouds and still have that 10 stop effect with the water. Fab stuff. Cheers, k.

16. Pingback: Monochrome Madness Challenge 3 | Leanne Cole PHOTOGRAPHY

17. You’re spot on, it sure did work out well. Great job on the long exposure. That’s something that I definitely want to try soon.

I discovered you through Leanne Cole’s Monochrome Madness post. I’m so happy she’s doing it. It’s starting to create such a great little community.

Great blog!

Thank Shane that is great, Leanne certenley gives us the opertunity to reach others and showcase our work. Its a great thing that she does.I hope that you give Long exposure a go its very satisfying when you get it right. Thanks again for your great comment Shane its very appreciated

18. dianaed2013 says:

I think that it works well especially the right hand side away from the heavy clould?