La Liberté éclairant le monde

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde)

Adding a Little Drama to a Photograph (Good or Bad), sometimes its the part of Photography that I enjoy the most

the post processing trying to bring to life a scene that you have envisioned in your head of something you have dreamed of seeing all your life.

NY 1

The Statue of Liberty-Original

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to La Liberté éclairant le monde

1. vastlycurious.com says:

Softly she said…this is one image that should not be altered………

2. Beautiful. I just drove past her recently on a trip. I could see her from the bridge. Were you there recently?

Hi Skye
      No not for awhile this was one from the archive as I have not had a chance recently to get out and take photos. Hopefully soon, hope you are having a wonderful start to the year

3. This is SO BEAUTIFUL! I have loved Lady Liberty since I was 4 years old. I now have a 10 month old daughter and cannot wait to take her to NY to visit her. Thank you so much for the gorgeous post! I hope you take more and share.

Thank you for such a kind comment, I too love Lady Liberty and was blown away when I finally seen her and still am every time I do. I am sure the visit with your Daughter will be a treasured memory for you both that will last a lifetime

4. Did you crop this? Is there a reason the top of flame is not included in the frame. I really like the drama processed in the sky. Bold decision to change the colour of such a famous statue.

Thanks Beth

No reason that the flame is not in the frame other than bad Composition on my part. This was realy more about the Processing and creating drama, to try and make what was a very bright day complete blue sky a little more interesting.

Thank for your great comment Beth and for taking an interest.

5. digitalgranny says:

beautiful and great shot!!

6. themofman says:

Yes! I like it with the dramatic sky and clay tones in the statue. Definitely a new dimension.