Bibliophilia

Books

(Bibliophile is an individual who loves books.)

Do you sometimes just get lost in a story and hate when it ends.

A good book can take you to new places,open your imagination and give you knowledge.

Find a quiet corner and be transported to a magical place.

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Bibliophilia

1. Stefan says:

Wise words and so true.

2. Kim13 says:

Absolutely…I often read the same book more than once, okay, many times, because of the feeling I get from “disappearing” into it!

3. So very true. I love this post and photo….just want to light some candles myself, curl up in my wing chair and get absorbed in something wonderful. 🙂

4. Oh, yes! I was sad when I finished reading the three volumes on Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris. When Morris described the death of TR I had a tear. It was as if through the excellent writing of Morris that I got to know Teddie in a very personal way.

You really feel like the characters a part of your life,
      even if its just for a short time

Thanks for such a great comment

5. agnesashe says:

You are so right. I have just finished ‘Wolf Hall’ and ‘Bring up the bodies’ by Hilary Mantel. Totally gripping, I am now a mad fan for anything about Thomas Cromwell. Thank the heavens for writers with such expansive imaginations like Hilary Mantel and Robert Harris (I see in your photo) who bring history alive.

Thank you for your great comment.
      Iam going to check out the two books you mentioned. Always looking for my next good read
      Thanks again

6. enmanscamera says:

I like that you wrote. “Do you sometimes just get lost in a story and hate when it ends.”
    That is me, and I try to stretch out the books I read. My wife will hunker down with a book and ignore all else till she finishes and is frustrated with me saying, aren’t you reading that book? and I will respond, “I want to think about it a day or two”. I don’t want it to end!

7. It’s great when that happens, when you are finishing a book but want to make it last…..

There are some great stories out there, and its nice to escape into them for awhile

8. Great lighting…tough to read by tealight though. 😉

9. So many worlds, so little time! What’s better than exploring another universe in a book?

10. Elaine says:

After seeing your beautiful photo on Skye’s blog aling with her wonderful poem, i just had to check out your other work. Your question about getting lost in a book and not wanting it to end describes me perfectly! I feel such a kinship with some characters, I just want the story to continue forever. It’s like they become a part of my life and I want to know more. I love what you said about sneaking away to read one page. Lol I have done that many a time and stayed up all night finishing a whole book!

Thanks so Much Elaine Sky is amazing so thank you for checking out my work. As for the Books I think we have something special in the fact that we can lose ourselves in the story and characters I am sure not everyone has that gift, one thing is for sure though they don’t know what there missing
      Thank you again Elainefor your comment

• Elaine says:

You are so right–they definitely don’t know what they are missing! I think it’s funny when they think I am crazy for getting that into a book and it is so hard to explain to them.

11. Ahmed says:

I am Bibliophile because I am truly in love with books and reading.

12. Randa says:

Love your blog!!

13. Dang! No Dean Koontz.

I have read Quite a few and at one time was my favourite Author. But for some reason I am obsessed with Time travel books at the moment !