Achromatic

B&W Paris

I did not really feel like I had finished with Paris

So I converted some of my photographs to Black and White.

I was looking for that grainy gritty romantic notion of paris I have always had in my head.

I think Paris really lends its self to B & W and  I think its always how I pictured Paris  before I went there.

Hope you Like them

B&W Le Pure Cafe

B&W Paris Street

B&W Paris Bridge

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Achromatic

1. theINFP says:

Moody and magical, I think you have captured Paris very well. Pavements at night sparkling after rain 🙂

2. CitraGran Cibubur says:

Reblogged this on CitraGran Cibubur.

3. noelumen says:

Very striking B&W conversions. I’d be interested in knowing something about the conversion process used.

4. dalo2013 says:

Agree, Paris looks romantic and somewhat eternal in B&W… There are certain landscapes in nature that simply look better in B&W as well. Great series of shots!

5. navery101 says:

Gives it a whole new feel…!

I think its great that B & W can do that and give a picture a new dimension

6. Ajaytao2010 says:

beautiful B & W pictures dear Mike

7. I have dreamed about this city for years…your images make it even more beautiful.

Thank you so much, I was the same and it took me a long time to fulfil now i just want to go back !

One day
      Thanks again

8. mvschulze says:

The first image is very familiar, in fact posting a (color – (sorry)) photo of the love locks just a week or two ago. But you are right, the B&W imagery is so…Paris! Thanks for the glimpse. M

I have just had a look at your Picture all great.
      and I am sure some people would like the second option ? Ha
      Thanks

• mvschulze says:

Yes, there is more than one way to drift into a photograph. I might mess around a bit with converting some of my images as well. Thanks for your inspiration. M

9. eabreuphoto says:

The empty sidewalk to the right of the cafe ads a very intriguing story to the 2nd photo. Very nice.

10. Truly amazing black and whites!

11. I really love the photos of Paris taken by you in black & white.
    Outstanding job.

How can I shoot in black and white on my Nikon DSLR 2300? Are you familiar with how to do it?
    I really love the look of the black & white stills or sepia tone and would love to experiment around.

Paulette Motzko

Thank you Paulette for your lovely comment.
      Paulette I use a program called Lightroom to convert my Photographs, some camera’s do have setting you can change to be able to shoot black and White but this can be a lot more work playing around than using a programme like Lightroom or Photoshop.

Hope this helps a little

• What is your personal recommendation between the two?
        I want a program that will allow me to put on text with tons of fonts and shape the text around a dinner plate.
        I am creating what will be the logo for CARestaurantShowCase.com.

Once again Mike, your black and white stills make me want to break my rule of not going to France because of the crappy way they treat Americans. 😉

Paulette Motzko

I guess being Australian I did not notice how they treat Americans in France but I am sure you would Love it. With a Programmes it sound like you want something Like Photoshop though its quite expensive. There is an alternative called GIMP that is free but make take some time to master. There is plenty of tutorials on you tube though. For me its Lightroom.

PS break your rule its an amazing place

12. I am not a phot critic but your work is so beautiful…what you’ve done with the light is awesome.

Thank you so much I relay appeciate your comment it means alot to me that people like my work. Thanks again

13. Very nice B & W shots, I agree that it really does suit Paris….looks great
    Lance Perryman

14. themofman says:

I like your positioning the camera (maybe your person also) outside the railing to get this image.

15. photochic50 says:

Beautiful, I will have to live through pictures, I don’t think world travel is in my future. Who knows…

You never know whats around the Corner
      I truly hope you get to tavel \.

16. themofman says:

Beautifful dimensional depth in these shots.

17. Pingback: Tribute to Ajaytao2010 | Michael Wilson

18. Pingback: Tribute to Ajaytao2010 | Michael Wilson

19. themofman says:

Very rich in detail.

20. Caleb says:

Skype has opened up its internet-dependent customer beta
    for the world, following starting it largely from the United states
    and U.K. previously this four weeks. Skype for Online also now supports Linux and
    Chromebook for immediate messaging connection (no video and
    voice yet, individuals require a connect-in installation).

The expansion in the beta adds assist for an extended listing of
    languages to aid bolster that worldwide usability