Mall’s Balls

Illusion optical

Inner world

Looking in

Reflection

Looking back

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Spheres by Bert Flugelman; two large stainless steel spheres with a diameter of 2.15 metres balanced one on top of the other. They are most commonly referred to as the Mall’s Balls orRundle Mall balls. “The Mall’s Balls” are a common meeting place for visitors.[3] Erected in 1977, they were commissioned by the then Hindmarsh Building Society (subsequently absorbed into the Adelaide Bank) and donated to the City of Adelaide to mark the building society’s 1977 centenary.[4]

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Mall’s Balls

1. eremophila says:

Nice shot Mike. Yes, the Balls and the Pigs also, are good meeting places. Back in the dark ages, it was Beehive Corner 🙂 Way before it became a Mall….
    Long time since I’ve been there now tho….
    Did you know that someone once galloped a horse down Rundle street? 🙂

No I did not know about the Horse, how spectacular !
      Looks like you know Adelaide pretty well though

2. Trying to find your reflection Mike !!!

3. dalo2013 says:

Great shot, great perspective and great verse. The trifecta.

4. Very cool shot! The reflections are great.

5. Great composition Mike and awesome reflection!!

6. divinechaos says:

Love the reflection through the bals. splendid photo and beautiful word accompaniment!

I think it helped that I had a nice cloudy day for good effect.

I appreciate your very kind comment

• divinechaos says:

Since I know squat about he subtle nuances of photography I will take your word on that one! I just enjoy being able to see and appreciate the work of others that is not in my repertoire. ~DivineChaos

7. aj vosse says:

Some balls! 😉

8. choppy123 says:

Haven’t seen a picture of these better than this one Mike, it really is brilliant!

9. I’ve been there! Brings back the memories, but your photo is much better than mine!