Gondwana

Erratic love

Distance unpredictable

Unstable

Irregular

Different

Lost

Hallett Cove is a coastal suburb in the south of AdelaideSouth Australia, with a population of more than 12,000 people.

Hallett Cove itself, is a small rocky beach, named after John Hallett

The Field River runs out to sea at the southern end. The cliffs to the north are part of the Hallett Cove Conservation Park, featuring Aboriginal artefacts used by the Kaurna tribe and several significant geological features. These include glacial striations on the clifftop discovered by Professor Ralph Tate in 1877, which along with similar striations found earlier at Selwyn’s Rock at Inman Valley, 40 km (25 mi) to the south in 1859, provide evidence for the Permian glaciation of southern Australia, then part of Gondwana. There are also a number of large glacial erratics on the beach.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Gondwana

1. dalo2013 says:

Great perspective on your photos. Going low can bring so much more energy into the shot…most people ignore that angle. Cheers!

2. kiwiskan says:

Love the perspective in the top photo. Really good shots

3. Bee says:

Photos tremendous, and know the spot well

4. fgassette says:

Beautiful photos!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

5. Morgan says:

What gorgoeus photos….looks like the kind of place I could get lost in. Lovely…thanks so much for sharing a piece of this amazing Earth that I might, otherwise, have never seen!

6. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing the photos and your words.

My Pleasure
      I love your Poetry by the way and I am definitely a fan of your blog

• Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. I look forward to following along with you in the blogging journey!!

I also have a photography blog…..lol Rather embarrassed telling you that. The pictures you post are so amazing….but, you can bop over there, too, if you like. You can find the address on my blog. 🙂 Skye

I will check it out for sure

7. aiaikitekura says:

Absolute beautiful! I just love images of natures beauty. Thank you so much. Heading to my homeland Aitutaki in December, so hoping to bring back some amazing shots. I’m even investing in a new camera for the trip.

Thank You Aiaikitekura for your very kind words, I wish you the best of luck fir your trip home and look forward to seeing the images you bring us with your new camera
      all the best

8. divinechaos says:

I have always loved rocks. The difference in their colors, shapes, and striations even when they come from the same shore is very unique. And to think the softest most pliable element water is capable with patience to change the very shape of a rock or quarry. As always I love the photography.

9. enmanscamera says:

gosh, I do like these images. I’d like to say I have a favorite….but I can’t. good shooting.

That is Great and makes my day when I get comments like that
      Thanks again

10. jheem says:

Very well done. I love these pictures!

11. JM says:

Beautiful captures all around!

12. An excellent body of work.